It is important that public servants at all levels maintain a solid understanding of how the complex system of government works and how decisions are made. This online self-paced interactive exercise quizzes participants on fundamental topics such as government structure, the approval system, central agencies, policy and budget cycles, and the key players in the machinery of government, both within and outside the public service. After completing this quiz, participants will be able to better gauge their knowledge of the federal government and their role in the public service.
- contributing to government priorities
- developing and approving public policy
- planning policy, program or service funding
- policy, program, service implementation and delivery
- monitoring, reporting and evaluating roles