In today's digital-by-default work environment, knowing how to apply a digital mindset is a highly sought skill. Developed in partnership with 10 provincial and territorial governments across Canada, this six-week online micro-course explores what digital looks like in the Canadian government context and examines digital concepts such as agile and human-centred design. Through weekly lessons sent by email, participants will learn how to apply the culture and values of the digital workplace in their everyday work.
- what digital is and is not
- how to apply the culture and values of the digital workplace
- what digital looks like in a government context
- best practices for working better digitally
Each week for six weeks, participants will receive an email on a different digital government topic, including links to:
- readings or videos (15 minutes)
- additional optional resources and reflection questions (10 minutes)
At the end of the six weeks, participants who have completed the required readings and videos will receive a certificate of completion.
- Week 1: Defining digital government
- Week 2: Digital government in Canada and around the globe
- Week 3: How digital starts and ends with users
- Week 4: Shifting to a digital culture
- Week 5: Learning through failure
- Week 6: Committing to a digital-first government
This course is open to all levels of government: federal, provincial and municipal. To register, please complete the registration form.