Considering that mental illness is estimated to affect one in five Canadians and cost the Canadian economy more than $50 billion per year, the benefits of a psychologically healthy workplace are far-reaching. This online self-paced course provides an introduction to the complex issue of mental health in the workplace and its broader impacts. Participants will learn about mental well-being and mental illness, the various factors that put people at risk, and the importance of early intervention and the promotion of mental well-being in the workplace.
- understanding the broader impacts of mental illness in the workplace
- differentiating between mental illness and stress
- reviewing the common risk factors of mental illness
- recognizing signs of mental illness and the importance of early intervention
- exploring ways to promote mental well-being at work