Directors of Crown corporation boards are expected to have a strong understanding of their financial responsibilities within the federal government context. This online self-paced course outlines the fundamental responsibilities of the members of Crown corporation boards of directors, with a focus on financial analysis, audit and accountability. Participants will review the different types of financial statements and how to apply financial analysis techniques like trend analysis, variance analysis, financial ratios and benchmarking.
- establishing strategic direction and safeguarding resources
- monitoring performance and reporting to the government
- reading the different types of financial statements
- identifying the accounting standards
- applying financial analysis techniques